Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1 Rupee Can Help Save a Soul

About a month ago on my way back from church, I bought the Mumbai edition of Sunday Mid-day at a traffic signal. I fell short of a One Rupee coin (2 cents or 1.3 pence) and the signal turned green. The poor and ageing vendor said it was okay - "give it to me the next time." Here's the rest of the story…

I wondered whether I should have bought the paper at all, as I rarely buy anything at traffic signals. I prayed to the Lord: "Father, may I find the vendor the next Sunday and pay off his One Rupee." I had even taken his name and saved it in my mobile phone 'notes' folder. I didn't find him for 4 weeks. Meanwhile, I "got an idea" - I would hand over a tract of the Good News to him when I found him. I even prayed for his salvation! And then Sunday last, I was waiting at the same red signal again on my way back from church and voila! He just turns up! I seized the opportunity and took out the One Rupee coin (would you believe, I had stored plenty of them in my wallet since then!) and reminded him of it. He had forgotten about it. He said take a copy free as a gesture of appreciation. But I paid him the Five Rupees that the paper costs. Then I "just recalled" about the tract - but lo - the signal turned green! Immediately, I thrust my bag open and took out a tract - first of the wrong language and then the correct one (in Hindi)…I called out to him as he was moving away…he came and accepted the tract and returned the One Rupee I had preserved for him so long!

I then thanked the Lord about all of this and prayed for his salvation. Won't you join me in praying for RANA SINGH's salvation today?

If you are not sure where you will spend eternity, read this post. It could change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment