Friday, August 21, 2009

Jehovah-jireh - He is our Provider

Do problems come to an end when you believe in Jesus Christ and repent of your sins? "Yes" and "No." Let me explain this...

YES:
When I believed in Jesus and repented of my sins in May 2001, God delivered me from a mental block where I did not want to do a salaried job. I took up a job and then it led to another and then another. Despite 6 years in the field of music, I did not earn as much as I began earning every month, after I turned to Jesus. I began to get marriage proposals. I got married, my wife delivered our baby (Psalm 128:3)...I could go on. God truly is The Provider. Man did not give me my provisions; God did.

NO:
I said I kept getting jobs - this means I had to lose jobs too! And I did. For the next 4-5 jobs, I lost my job either because the company was cutting down on staff or because I was oppressed so severely on the job that I had to quit. I was a born-again, water-baptized, praying Christian and yet this suffering. But then Jesus said when you follow him, you will suffer for his sake. "Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you." (John 15:20)

PROBLEM SOLVED:
Pick up the Bible (you can purchase one from Christianbook.com) and read Genesis 22:8. When Isaac saw that all preparations were made for the burnt offering but the sacrificial lamb was missing, he asked his father Abraham where it would come from. "And Abraham said, “My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering.” And praise the LORD, He did spare Abraham from the agony of sacrificing his innocent son by providing a lamb instead! The place where this sacrifice was made was named Jehovah-jireh, meaning "The LORD Will Provide (for our needs)."

So if you are anxious today about what you will eat, wear or earn tomorrow, take Jesus at his word. He told us in the Bible that our "heavenly Father (God) knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added (given) to you." (Matthew 6:32, 33) I've seen it in my life - it works!

Truly, Jehovah-jireh is our Provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment