In the previous post in this two-part series, we saw how the Pre-Tribulation Rapture would affect one's life as a Christian. It is especially exciting to see how your life as a Christian should be (or already is) just in case the Rapture happens mid-tribulation.
Mid-Trib proponents believe that Jesus will enrapture the Church (every human who is born again) halfway through the 7-year tribulation. So we believers will be spared the second half of it - a.k.a. The Great Tribulation. So what happens if the Rapture happens mid-trib?
- Believers would have to face the first 3.5 years of turmoil despite being righteous in God's sight.
- They would have to try hard to convince unbelievers that the Antichrist is a liar and deceiver. It might be tougher to witness than now.
- Many believers might be deceived into taking the Mark of the Beast or worshipping the Antichrist in the temple at Jerusalem.
- There could be more martyrs than we are seeing now.
- We would get 3.5 years more to preach the Gospel, heal the sick, etc. and improve the chances of getting our loved ones and others into the Kingdom of God.
- We would get a better chance to prove from the Bible to unbelievers that the Antichrist is really the Antichrist. Hopefully, many will believe the Bible and be saved from the end-time great deception.
- If we have to be persecuted or get martyred, we will receive a greater reward in heaven [ I can sense your reaction to that one! Don't feel condemned :) ].
There are some people who believe that believers too will have to go through the Great Tribulation. If true, this might be the real test of how faithful can you be to God - will you succumb like Eve did to Satan in the Garden, or will you endure to the end and be an overcomer?
So, the conclusion to this series is that even if the Christmas of 2013 was not the last one before the Rapture, we ought to be ready. Let us be about our Father's business so that we are found approved in when the Lord Jesus exalts us. Let us be busy so that our whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.And how to ensure that? As you sow, you shall reap. So help others preserve their spirit, soul and body blameless and you should hear the Lord exclaim: Well done, my good and faithful servant!